So, how does it work?
1) Look on website and see which sling you would like to hire.
2) Email me email@example.com to say you would like to do a postal hire and tell me which slings you are interested in.
3) I then check to see if they are available. If they are I send you a hire form by email. If not I can give suggestions of others that are similar or tell you when that sling will be back.
You then have two choices. You can either print form off and return with 2 cheques (hire fee/ postage and deposit) or you can send 2 PayPal payments.
4) Once I have form and payment I post sling to you. You get 2 weeks from they day you receive (or postman attempted to deliver - not when collected from sorting office).
5) At end of hire post back to me by the method I sent to you. For slings over £50 in value this is special delivery, under £50 recorded delivery.
6) Sling received and inspected. As long as no damage etc deposit returned (paypal or the cheque ripped up).
What does it cost?
It costs no more to hire a sling by post than it does at the library in terms of hire fee and deposits. All I ask is that you cover the cost if postage.
For most slings (£50+ in value) it costs £8.25 for special delivery. Some slings which weigh under 500g are £6.95. If you want box posting this can push to next price catagory (over £11). If sling is valued at less than £50 I post recorded delivery. Prices for this are £3.70 for 2nd class small parcels under 1kg, £6.30 for medium parcels. 1st class is £4.10 (2nd class) and £6.75.
Full details here
For example it is £5.22 for a medium size parcel weighing 1kg with signature on delivery and insured to £100.
Even with postage costs added a postal hire is still much cheaper than making a costly sling purchase.